Try this delicious Autumn treat to ease you into the colder months. I love the colder months mainly for the festive drinks and treats!
I always crave Starbucks too but right now I’m living in the countryside nowhere near one, just as well because I honestly can’t justify the £6 price tag so enjoy this super yummy Starbucks dupe inspired by the baristas themselves!
This recipe is inspired by the Starbucks Maple Caramel Latte Recipe which you can reference here: https://www.starbucksathome.com/ca/en-ca/recipes/caramel-maple-latte
Let’s get into it!
- One Cup of Black Coffee (Black Americano: using instant coffee, ground coffee or any coffee machine)
- Half Cup Warm Milk (Semi-Skimmed or whatever you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Caramel Syrup
- A Pinch of Salt
- Make your coffee. Weather that’s your cute Nespresso machine or a quick instant coffee you’ll need a good cup of Joe as your starting point
- Warm up your milk for 40 seconds in the microwave at 600w or pop on the stove at a low temperature to warm it up. Note, you want your milk to be warm but make sure it doesn’t boil!
- Add the Caramel Syrup and your Pinch of Salt to the coffee and stir for 10 seconds
- Add the Maple Syrup and stir for 10 seconds
- Add the Milk to the coffee, stir and enjoy!
Next I’m going to attempt the Pumpkin Spiced Latte! Stay tuned for that. I’m based in the UK and yes there’s pumpkin spiced syrup available to buy in shops but this year I wanted to try making it myself from scratch personally, it tastes 100% better plus it tastes better than Starbucks!
I made the pumpkin spice mix at home and will be reposting the recipe. My plan is to fill my days with caffeinated autumnal drinks for that cosy feeling that perks up my mental health and will keep me warm on my countryside winter walks. How will you make room for cosy moments this year?